Gadgets to get to grips with stress!
Given the fast pace of modern day, we take a look at the impact this has on our lives and what tools are out there to help relieve some of the stresses and strains currently being experienced by today's work force.
Let’s face it, we live in a 24/7 world, where the lines between work and home are increasingly blurred and technology means that it’s very hard to turn off from the stresses and strains of work. We read our emails on-the-go, at home, on holiday – sometimes it seems as though there is NO escape! It’s hard to remember a time when it wasn’t like this.
According to the Health & Safety Executive, the total number of cases of work-related stress, depression or anxiety in 2015/6 was 448,000, and the total number of working days lost due to these conditions in this period was 11.7 million days. 
The main work factors cited by respondents as causing work related stress, depression or anxiety were workload pressures, including tight deadlines and too much responsibility, and a lack of managerial support.
So, it’s no surprise that people will look for ways to relieve the stresses and strains of everyday life in any way possible. We noticed a new Kickstarter campaign to raise money for a stress-relief gadget called the Fidget Cube that promises to help you focus at work or even in the classroom. This got us thinking about the product options that are out there to help us all keep that little bit calmer at work or at home, and how these items are great from a branding point of view.
The main work factors cited by respondents as causing work related stress, depression or anxiety were workload pressures...
Keep calm and consider these products
If you’ve noticed yourself anxiously tapping your pen against the desk, here are some suggestions on clever gadgets to help ease stress, and will also increase brand exposure:
- Stress balls – Small, compact and inexpensive, stress balls are a straightforward way to stay calm and focused. By squishing them in your hand you remain fixed on the task ahead.
- Baoding or Chinese Medicine Balls – Two solid balls that fit into one hand to be rotated around and around help to clear some head space.
- Newton’s Cradle – The recurring clinking sound of the balls, designed to demonstrate the law of physics, helps to improve concentration levels.
- 3D Finger Fidget Hand Tri-Spinner – These have really grown in popularity among adults and children alike and can help to alleviate stress.
- Colour Therapy – There’s been a growth in the popularity of adult colouring books, known for their calming and stress-reducing impact.
With such serious concerns to acknowledge across our workforces, and so many innovative stress-free products to choose from, we can finally say…. and, relax!
Like what you see? Give us a call or send us an email to see how we can bring your brand to life.
When it comes to branded items, consistency is paramount in showcasing your brand identity—we oversee that right through production. We will ensure your products carry an impression of quality across every communication.